2012 has been a year of rapid change for the whole online market. With the introduction of Google’s latest panda & penguin updates, all SEO executives over the web are talking about how they used to be the top rankers on SERPs (Search Engine Result Pages) and now facing a major drop in the organic traffic to their site. But now it’s 2013, a new year with new plans and strategies to follow. Well planned search engine optimization strategies help you to remain viable against your competitors.
SEO is a highly dynamic process which keeps on evolving. So there is a great need of change in tactics that you have been using for a long time. It demands dynamic thought process as well as experimentation because in SEO, what seem to be the best move today can lead to drastic results tomorrow. So, one has to keep on experimenting with all SEO strategies to deal with the Google’s regular updates and algorithmic changes.
Various strategies that can be employed for dealing such problems in 2013 may include-
- Research work- before getting started, you should do a thorough research work on what you are aiming at. Find out what people are searching for which is relevant to your industry. For this purpose you can take the help of Google’s analytic tools. Once you know what people are looking for, you can provide them the right and quality information about the same. It will not only help you to get better Google ranking but also help you to gain traffic and also the trust of users.
- Clear cut purpose- You should be clear about what are you doing and what you are aiming at. For instance, if you are writing some content you should be clear in mind that it should serve as a useful and easy to understand piece of information and hence should write it accordingly.
- Balanced portfolio of SEO variables- SEO variables include keywords, keyword density, organic traffic, ranking, Title tag, Meta tags etc. these are the key components of SEO which need to be taken care of at priority level. For instance, there should not be keyword stuffing. Appropriate Title tags and Meta tags should be used. Keyword density should be 2-4%.
- Focus on conveying message- All search engines always strive to serve the genuine and quality content which is informative as well. Most of the people prefer those sites which provide how- to-guides and latest updates about the stuff that industry deals in.
- Promote your work through social network- Social media and social network are the best and cheapest way to reach thousands of people at once. Always try to promote your work over various social networking sites like Facebook, twitter, LinkedIn etc. So that it can be shared by all.
- Quality links from influential sources- Strong quality links and backlinks from influential sources add to the reputation of your website. It will not only help you to make a better impact over users but also help you in getting better rankings on search engines.
- Reactions to visitors- Visitors are the key part of SEO as they add to the traffic on a website. But most of the time they are ignored. As they are never answered. For instance, on various blogs many people post their views as comments but they never get any reply from the author for posting comments, doing likes etc. so this should not be done.